There has been a church at Luco dei Marsi, Abruzzo since at least AD 930
Sometimes the churches fell down, were destroyed: but they were either restored or reconstructed.
This church building dates from the 12th or 13th Century. In the 18th century it was used as sepulcural chapel. It was restored in 1922 and again more recently in the 1990s.
These are the ruins of a Benedictine monastery next to the Church.
It was destroyed then retored. It was completly destroyed in 1915 by an earthquake.
The path beside it is called il sentiero delle anime (the path of souls).